Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Well... nothing like letting a blog gather dust for this loooooong! 

But I did.   My daughter, Lauren, 5 years ago told me to create a blog for everything I write, people would love to read and respond... and I did (until I got busy) and so I have now blown off the dust and "re-blogging"  I am sure that is a word in our day and age. =)

So I am starting this blog again, because I have so many beautiful friends and family that are wanting to know what is going on with my mom, Vickey.   Because of the several groups I have, I really prayed and decided I needed to revisit the blog site, and leave our other groups as DYNAMIC as ever and let people just check in with the blog site... to see what is happenin!

But don't you worry with this blog, I have funnies, and promise to keep you updated on not just this ---but everything!  "a Blog"

and so......

The journey with my mother and her recent encounter with 911, ambulance, and hospital all started on August 18th (my sons 23 birthday) .  I will not be revisiting all of that (I will post that later.. because it will make you laugh) 

but for now.. 
today 
this second, 

I am here at home because today was my little breakdown day... one of those days that all of a sudden the dam breaks open and you are trying to swim to the side, and then someone tugs or grabs at your leg (you know that feeling and you start dog paddling with panic and hope you don't kick them off enough to drown them, but somehow they hold on)  yeah... that has been today!

Today is Day 18 in the hospital (12 of which was in Critical Care - life support and all)  and we (my brother and I, Mike) got the news today - Sept 4th --that there is still a leak in her stomach and will need surgery again.

The picture that you are seeing of my mom is probably the best picture EVER
(at my son's high school graduation --- which if you see her smiling IMAGINE my smile!! lol) 



She is 4'11 and a Panamanian (Panama) through and through. 

My dad called her the "Panamanian Devil, Mean as a snake,protect her family --- knows what is going on.. 
When you think she isn't listening--- SHE IS..
and doesn't take ANYTHING." 

It's ALL true.

Her STRENGTH in that little body of her's ----She has overcome so much already... including not having solid food now for 21 days.  (and yes I have warned the nurses if you give her BBQ sauce she may just eat your leg!)  

So... the news today, Surgery again.  

It will be this Friday, and it means she goes back to square one, and going under.... dealing with anesthesia and hoping her lungs can do this (she also has COPD -- not diagnosed, but everyone that has seen her is willing to lay a bet.  50+ years of smoking...... )   she had to be on a ventilator and couldn't do it on her own. 

Mom ignored pains she had been having for quite some time... it escalated and in one week it went from bad to HORRIBLE.  I got the call from her (as she is getting ready to get in the shower to make herself all clean--hair etc) and tells me... Karen come help me in the shower, and then we need to call 911.  WHAT???  

I was there the fastest I have ever been--- my brother is there, and yes got her out of the shower and dressed (only because I told her the paramedics were going to have to get her out of the shower naked!!)  and that night ---emergency surgery--- noted from the surgeon, the biggest "perforation"   he has ever seen.  He went in, irrigated her whole insides, and found the leak... an ulcer that pretty much burst.  (for longer than that day.. like a week )

In recovery because of her smoking(50 + years)... her lungs had problems recovering and we got that infamous 3am call...that they had to ventilate her because she was going into cardiac arrest.

So she was on a ventilator -- lifeless for 12 days.

So here we are... back to the above.... 
there is still a leak, and this Friday, my momma will be going in for surgery again.  

She is stronger, her insides are cleaner... but with meds... she looks at my brother and I like.... "do I really have to do this again?"

And so... while right now she doesn't know.. my brother and I are left to make the decision.  and I want to let you all know this... 

No matter what you have watched or heard, this is NOT anything you ever want to go thru.

Will you all pray with me?  

Not... Lord if it is your will-- (because this is not God's will)  I know this..  

Everything we go through is based on OUR decisions and facing the consequences or results --

God's will is she be healed... the Devil on the other hand will creep in our minds -- my mom's mind...and make us think otherwise... and so... my prayer is against the "itty bitty worthless devil" 
to get the HECK out of here...   it's kinda crazy... but true.  

I know God wants my momma healed and back to being "mrs. cravitz" of the neighborhood... but it's keeping Guard over the devil creeping in and having a field day...

More to come..
Love to all of you!!







No comments: